Saturday 20 February 2016

Finland 2016 - Chisu - Tipi-tii / Tähdet (interval)


I've always had a love/hare relationship with Tipi-Tii. Marion Rung's insistent second entry for the Finns is one of those songs that gets under your skin and always used to get me murderous. But as time has gone on I've begun to get really rather fond of the old bird. However, I never imagined that I'd ever see it performed like this.

When local pop icon Chisu started gyrating with her pals in a slinky white pantsuit I wondered why the heck it was there - until I twigged exactly what it was she was singing. Poor Ms Rung would be turning in her grave if she wasn't actually still alive. 

The second half of this performance featured some other song that I didn't recognise (but I'm sure you'll put me right if I've missed an obvious connection), but it was for the first half that I'll always truly have strangely enjoyable nightmares. It gave a rather ordinary third Finnish semi a better reason to remember it than most of the songs, and it almost took my mind off the terrible waffle-like garment one of the Icelandic hostesses was wearing directly afterwards.

Non-competing moment of the year so far!  

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Rung was 16 at the time. She's still very alive (www.marionrung.com). Tähdet is Chisu's own song from her 4th album Polaris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other part of the song is Chisu's original song - Tähdet.

    ReplyDelete