Sunday 15 March 2015

Norway 2015 - Mørland and Debrah Scarlett - A Monster Like Me


Right, so I've finally gotten around to enjoying this gloomy Norwegian gem. Yes, there were songs, many songs, that I would have preferred winning last night. And yes, it's another bloody slow one. And indeed, I reckon it's going to nick just enough points of my only very vaguely similar competition favourite Estonia to cost it the win.

But now that it's here, I'm certainly not going to knock it.

Dark, mysteriously intriguing subject matter, layered on with enough Scandi noir atmosphere to both give you the creeps and make you fall in love with it, this song is perhaps too darned spooky to be troubling the top left quarter of the scoreboard too much, but it'll still pick up some significant voter love along the journey.

But who are the juries going to side with now there's so much jury bait on the table? This could get interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment